Matthew Price McFarlane
Matthew “Matt” McFarlane, Houston business and corporate law attorney at Quadros, Migl, and Crosby PLLC, assists clients in general corporate and business transactional matters, complex Mergers & Acquisitions, leveraged finance transactions, and real estate matters. Attorney McFarlane provides individualized client counsel focused on his client’s goals, industry, and budget.
Matt grew up in Conroe, Texas. He received his Bachelor of Science from Texas A&M and his Law Degree from South Texas College of Law. After law school, Matthew worked for over 15 years in various executive positions in the business world with businesses ranging in size from five to 500 million dollars in revenue. Among his multiple successful ventures was his position as President and General Counsel for a venture studio specializing in starting and scaling companies across various industries. He also served as General Counsel and Chief Operations Officer for both a cryogenic services corporation and a fast-growing commercial construction company.
Matt’s clients value his unique point of view that comes from years of working on the front lines as a business principal, his involvement in dozens of Mergers & Acquisitions transactions, his first-hand experience with the legalities of business start-ups as well as the day-to day of business operations.
Attorney McFarland has been actively involved in the endurance community for many years. Matt is a four-time Ironman Triathlete, Extreme Endurance athlete, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt, and was named the Ironman Volunteer Captain of the year in 2015. He gives his all with everything he does, and his clients appreciate his energy, unique perspective, and unfailing attention to their needs and goals.
- Texas A&M University, College Station - Bachelor of Science Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences, 2004
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas- Juris Doctor, 2008
- Licensed with State Bar of Texas, 2008
Experience and Employers:
- (1) The Lanier Law Firm: Associate. Lead and co-counsel on numerous depositions around the country. Responsible for preparing client for deposition as well as defending and supporting the client throughout the process.
- (3) Firestone Cryogenic Equipment. Chief Operations Officer & General Counsel. Directed operations for a cryogenic service corporation with $3 million in annual revenue. Served as general counsel for all legal matters including acquisitions and contract negotiations. Directed all human resources, scheduling, and project management, oversaw all financial matters.
- (2) RAP Equipment LLC: Managing Member & Owner. Founded a cryogenic tank leasing company. Grew the inventory from four to eighty vessels over seven years and increased revenue from $2,000 to $40,000 monthly.
- (3) Mohr Partners: General Counsel and Business Development Director.
- (4) ESP Legal Search: General Counsel and Director Legal Search.
- (5) Python Holdings: President & General Counsel. Venture Studio specializing in starting and scaling various portfolio companies across various industries.
- Result: Headed a team that successfully raised 75 million dollars in a leveraged finance transaction to purchase multiple aero-derivative turbines.
- Result: Spearheaded the growth of a medical PPE company from inception to approximately 250 million dollars in revenue and 2,400 employees in eight months.
- Result: Successful launch of multiple startup portfolio companies that realized positive cash flow within the first six months of inception.
- Result: Pivotal in achieving success and “righting the ship” in distressed situations across the portfolio.
Responsible for all legal matters pertaining to the portfolio companies ranging from transactional to litigation.
- Negotiated and drafted various contracts with a total enterprise value of over 500 million dollars.
- Responsible for all transactional items related to mergers and acquisitions.
- Responsible for all legal issues related to finance.
- Drafted and passed a 510K for a class II medical device with the FDA.
- Implemented and maintained all FDA compliance for the portfolio companies.
- Researched and advised on all employment legal matters across the portfolio.
- T: (346) 367-4299